Full Time Program Coordinator Role
The function of the Program Coordinator is to be an active team member of the Dreams for Schools Programs Team and to work closely with both the Program Director and Executive Director and front-line instructor staff in ensuring the highest quality of Dreams for Schools’ Education programs. The Program Coordinator is also expected to collaborate with fellow team members to help advance the mission of Dreams for Schools.
We strive to make Dreams for Schools a place where talented people who care about our mission and education can take initiative and grow in their career. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll support you, and you can be confident that you’ll be working with an exceptional and results oriented team. We hope you’ll consider joining the Dreams for Schools’ family!
Our applications are currently closed for our mentor/instructor roles. Please check back in November for our Winter classes.
Are you a friendly and flexible individual who can work with students of all ages? Are you committed to the mission of giving them the best experience Dreams for Schools can offer? Apply to be a Dreams for Schools mentor/instructor today!
Our number-one goal is to enable success for students by making STEM approachable and exciting. This can only be accomplished with an outstanding team of mentors guiding them along the way.
We are looking for college student or recently graduated mentors/instructors with terrific communication, teaching and leading skills. Not only should you know the material, you should also be able to to bond with students and educate them in a warm, fun manner that takes away the obstacles surrounding STEM.
- Interest in working with K-12 students and exposing them to STEM
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Computer Science or Engineering
- Must commit to attending all training, program, showcase, and check-in dates
- Must have a High School Diploma and at least 48 college units
- Must submit to and clear a DOJ Background Check and TB test prior to the beginning of employment
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Weekend work may be required some days
- Applicant must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Fall 2021 Mentorship Applications
Online or In-Person
General Deadline: 8/20/2021
Available Programs to Teach for Program Mentor/Instructor
- April to early June
- Mon/Wed OR Tues/Thurs
- 50 min to 1 hour classes between 9am to 6pm
Training Dates (Paid):
- Mobile App Development – 3/3, 3/4, 3/8, 3/10, 3/12
- Let’s Explore STEM – 3/22, 3/23, 3/24, 3/29, 3/31
- Coding Games with Scratch – 3/22, 3/23, 3/25, 3/30, 4/1
- Engineering Inventors – 3/22, 3/23, 3/25, 3/30, 4/1
- Web Development – 3/22, 3/23, 3/24, 3/29, 3/31
*Some weekend dates may be added. Independent work is required.