Are you a friendly and flexible individual who can work with students of all ages? Are you committed to the mission of giving them the best experience Dreams for Schools can offer? Apply to be a Dreams for Schools mentor/instructor today!
Our number-one goal is to enable success for students by making STEM approachable and exciting. This can only be accomplished with an outstanding team of mentors guiding them along the way.
We are looking for college student or recently graduated mentors/instructors with terrific communication, teaching and leading skills. Not only should you know the material, you should also be able to to bond with students and educate them in a warm, fun manner that takes away the obstacles surrounding STEM.
- Interest in working with K-12 students and exposing them to STEM
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Computer Science
- Must commit to attending all training, program, showcase, and check-in dates
- Must have a High School Diploma and at least 48 college units
- Must submit to and clear a DOJ Background Check and TB test prior to the beginning of employment
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Weekend work may be required some days
Available Programs to Teach
Our applications are currently closed.
Winter 2021 Mentorship Applications
Hourly Rate: $16/hr
*Due to COVID-19, all programs will be conducted virtually through online platforms until further notice. Mentors will be asked their comfort level with in-person instruction on a case by case basis in case the current pandemic improves over time or if some programs/schools require in-person instruction.
- Mid-January to Early April
- Mon/Wed OR Tues/Thurs
- 50 min to 1 hour classes between 9am to 6pm
- Let’s Explore STEM – 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, 1/11, 1/13
- Coding Games with Scratch – 1/5, 1/7, 1/12, 1/14, 1/15
- Engineering for Kids – 1/5, 1/7, 1/12, 1/14, 1/15
- Web Development – 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, 1/11, 1/13
*Some weekend dates may be added. Independent work is required.