Become a Mentor
Build your resume and share your passion.
Our number-one goal is to enable success for students by making STEM approachable and exciting. This can only be accomplished with an outstanding team of mentors guiding them along the way. We are looking for college student mentors with terrific communication, teaching and leading skills. Not only should you know the material, you should also be able to to bond with students and educate them in a warm, fun manner that takes away the obstacles surrounding STEM.
Are you a friendly and flexible individual who can work with students of all ages? Are you committed to the mission of giving them the best experience Dreams for Schools can offer? Sign up today!
Orange County Area
Summer 2019 Programs Mentor Application
- May 27, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
- June 9 - June 12, times TBD
- June 17 - June 21 from 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Multi-week teaching sessions from June 13 - August 16
- Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Elementary Level: Sphero & STEM
- Middle School Level: Mobile Application Development
AppJam+ Fall 2019 Mentor Application
Universities & Deadlines
- Cal State Fullerton: September 6, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
- Chapman University: September 4, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
- UC Irvine: May 27, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
- All Others: September 6, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
- Training #1: September 14 from 10:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Training #2: September 15 from 10:00 to 1:30 p.m.
- Training #3: September 21 from 10:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Training #4: September 22 from 10:00 to 1:30 p.m.
- Training #5: September 28 from 10:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- September 30 to December 6
Program Sessions Offered
2019 Mentorship Opportunities
- Recruitment: January-February
- Trainings: March
- 10 Week Program: April-June
- Recruitment: April-May
- Trainings: June
- 1 - 3 Week Programs: June-August
- Recruitment: April-August
- Trainings: September
- 10 Week Program: October-December
AppJam+ has been such a humbling experience. It gives me a lot of satisfaction to be a person who can introduce kids to the STEM field and possibly encourage them to pursue careers in it.