Become a Mentor
Build your resume and share your passion.
Our number-one goal is to enable success for students by making STEM approachable and exciting. This can only be accomplished with an outstanding team of mentors guiding them along the way. We are looking for college student mentors with terrific communication, teaching and leading skills. Not only should you know the material, you should also be able to to bond with students and educate them in a warm, fun manner that takes away the obstacles surrounding STEM.
Are you a friendly and flexible individual who can work with students of all ages? Are you committed to the mission of giving them the best experience Dreams for Schools can offer? Sign up today!
Orange County Area
AppJam+ Fall 2019 Mentor Application
Universities & Deadlines
- Cal State Fullerton: September 4, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
- Chapman University: September 4, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
- UC Irvine: July 31, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
- All Others: September 4, 2019 @ 11:59 p.m.
UPDATED Mandatory TrainingsUCI
- Training #1: September 16 from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Training #2: September 17 from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Training #3: September 18 from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Training #4: September 19 from 9 AM to 2 PM & Site Tours
- Training #5: September 20 from 9 AM to 1 PM & Site Tours
- Training #1: September 15 from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Training #2: September 21 from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Training #3: September 22 from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Site Tours (30 min): Week of September 23
- September 30 to December 6
Program Sessions Offered
2019 Mentorship Opportunities
- Recruitment: January-February
- Trainings: March
- 10 Week Program: April-June
- Recruitment: April-May
- Trainings: June
- 1 - 3 Week Programs: June-August
- Recruitment: April-August
- Trainings: September
- 10 Week Program: October-December
AppJam+ has been such a humbling experience. It gives me a lot of satisfaction to be a person who can introduce kids to the STEM field and possibly encourage them to pursue careers in it.