As a non-profit, we are dependent on hardworking and enthusiastic interns to manage the internal operations of our organization in a variety of different roles. Our internships offer an immersive and gainful experience in the non-profit STEM industry that makes a positive impact in the community.
*Please note, this is an unpaid internship
Grant Research Intern
- The Marketing Intern will work to expand the Dreams for Schools’ AppJam+ Initiative brand across several mediums. Experience is gained by developing and executing social media campaigns, designing graphics, analyzing marketing data, and researching potential media outlets for branding opportunities.
- Qualifications: Detail oriented with strong communication and research skills. A natural knack for creativity and thorough experience with social media platforms. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Web Design are encouraged. Interns will work in our Tustin Office and be supervised by the Program Director.
- The Accounting Intern will help with administrative tasks involving the organization’s finances. Experience is gained in the development and implementation of financial management policies, assistance with forecasting budgets, and execution of basic non-profit accounting practices.
- Qualifications: Detail oriented, number savvy, and diligent. Experience and interest in accounting and QuickBooks is encouraged. Interns will work in our Tustin Office and be supervised by the Program Director and Accountant.
- The Outreach Intern will work to research potential partners for the organization. Experience is gained through non-profit efforts to build relationships with local partners, fundraising donations, and execute outreach plans.
- Qualifications: Strong communication skills with a welcoming personality. Detail oriented, self-directed, and computer proficiency. Experience and interest in outreach and relationship building are greatly encouraged. Interns will work in our Tustin Office and be supervised by the Executive Director & Program Director.
- The Communications Intern will help Dreams for Schools craft our narratives and share them. Experience is gained by writing compelling stories, analyzing publishing platforms, and researching potential media outlet partners.
- Qualifications: Strong writing, communication and storytelling skills. Research ability is strongly preferred. Interns will work in our Tustin Office and be supervised by the Executive Director & Program Director. Interns will also have a chance to visit schools where the program takes place and speak with students in the programs.